Crofton School Systems
- Crofton Community School – Crofton Community School is a K-12 school system fully accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education. The school participates in the Nebraska School Activities Association at a C-1 classification. The school system covers approximately 175 square miles, and supports a student enrollment of 484 students in grades K-12, which designates Crofton Community School as the largest school system in Knox County, Nebraska.
Crofton Community School is proud of its excellent school facilities having built a new Jr./Sr. high school building and extensively renovating the elementary school building in 1992. Crofton promotes an aggressive academic and extracurricular program, and has become known throughout the state for academic excellence in virtually all areas of the curriculum depicted by numerous multi-state academic victories in college-sponsored academic contests.
Crofton looks to the future with excitement and anticipation. The school system has established high goals and expectations utilizing the latest in computer technology and learning. Having one of the fastest growing school systems in the Northeast Nebraska area, the district has committed itself to employing the finest instructors to lead the school, its students, and the entire community with leadership quality into the 21st century.
For more information, please call the High School – (402) 388-2440, the Grade School (402) 388-4357, or by Fax (402) 388-4265, or visit the Crofton High School Home page.
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic School – St. Rose of Lima Catholic School – Founded in 1911, St. Rose of Lima Catholic School is a state-approved elementary/junior high school with an enrollment of 110 students in grades 1-8. St. Rose has a staff of 10 certified educational professionals. With an alumni base of more than 2000
students over the past 100 plus years, St. Rose School offers high quality academic education coupled with a strong faith-based Catholic Christian education. Thanks to a caring staff and faith-filled parish family, students and their families are blessed with ample opportunities to grow spiritually and academically at St. Rose. St. Rose School has been named the Star Catholic School in the region twice over the past three years by Spirit Catholic Radio Network. For more information, call the school office at (402) 388-4393 during the school year or the parish office at (402) 388-4814 during the summer. Visit online at https://saintroseoflimaschoolcrofton.weebly.com/. You can also LIKE the St. Rose School Boosters Facebook page for updated school happenings.
- St. Rose Preschool – St. Rose Preschool, administered by St. Rose of Lima School, offers three sections for preschool-aged students. There are sections for Tuesday and Thursday mornings; Monday-Wednesday-Friday mornings; and five-day afternoons during the school year. A full time Preschool instructor and an experienced aide staff the preschool. St. Rose Preschool offers a fun and faith-based academic foundation for the young students in the area. For more information, contact the school office at (402) 388-4393 during the school year, or the parish office at (402) 388-4814 during the summer.
Students from the area attend a variety of colleges and universities. Listed below are links to several of these institutions close to the Crofton area.
- Briar Cliff College – Sioux City, IA
- Morningside College – Sioux City, IA
- Mount Marty College – Yankton, SD
- Nebraska Indian Community College – Santee, NE
- Northeast Community College College – Norfolk, NE
- University of South Dakota – Vermillion, SD
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln, NE
- Wayne State College – Wayne, NE
For a complete listing of Nebraska Schools, please visit: Nebraska Department of Economic Development – Nebraska WWW Sites